Friday, January 22, 2010

Kathryn's Sweet Chili aka Smokey Sausage Chili

I love love love this recipe. I have always liked chili...but this is by far the best chili I have ever had/made and it's way easy! Yum! I could eat it everyday...well maybe not everyday but it's delicious! Thanks Kathryn!

How to Make it:

Brown in Skillet #1:
1lb lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
2 tsps.  cumin
2 tsps.  chili powder

Brown in Skillet #2:
1lb (aprox) Keilbasa Sausage
(Cut in 1/2 length wise and then in 1/2 inch peices)



Mix In Crockpot:
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 15oz can chili beans
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup brown sugar

Add browned meats to crock pot.

Cover and simmer on low setting 4 hours.
(Time frame isnt manditory since the meat is already cooked but letting it simmer will really bring out the flavors!)

Optional: top with sour cream and cheese


So what was Asher doing while cooking this grand meal...



just hanging out!


Tip: To brown ground beef I use a 1/2 cup of water. This helps powdered flavoring or spices to spread to all the meat as well as keep it juicy!It also allows it to brown more evenly and seperate into finer crumbles! When the meat is done browning the water is usually soaked up or evaporated. (I also use 97% lean so I don't have to drain fat! eww!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 want.love.need.comments:

Post a Comment