Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Girls Flower Wreath Headband

Tutorial Tuesday
Girls Flower Wreath Headband


I wanted a flower wreath headband for a one year old photoshoot this last weekend.
So I decided to make one and you can too!

What You Need:
Scissors
Needle & Thread
Headband or Elastic
Silk Flowers Of Your Choice
(I bought a bundle from Joann's for like a dollar after coupon)

How To Make It:
1.Use your scissors to cut the flowers off the stem.
2.Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end so you are threading w/ double thickness.
3. Stab your needle through the center of your flower and thread all the way through to the knot.
(This will create a hibiscus look to the center of the flower.)


4. Sew back through the backing a few times & create a knot to secure. 
5. Sew on each flower at equal distances.
(The distance apart will depend on how full you want your wreath.)


It's as simple as that!

How did it look on my model you ask?



Adorable!...
But... she hated it!



Oh well...better luck next time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

17 want.love.need.comments:

Sandy said...

OMGoodness... how sweet is your little girl and her headband....lol
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/03/class-room-craft-aprons.html

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Not my girl but definetly a sweet one! This is a little girl I did one year pictures for this last weekend!

Unknown said...

Too funny. It turned out adorable, too bad she wouldn't wear it. I definitely know how goes!!

Kaysi said...

That is adorable!!

Lilly's Home Journal said...

Love the headband and your sweet little model is a typical girl! Heheheh!
What a wonderful photographer you are. Such a creative eye and creative hands.
So glad I found your blog!
Lilly

Laura said...

She is so precious!! What a pretty headband for a pretty little girl.

Suzanne said...

So beautiful -- the baby and the headband. Really lovely!

Room to Inspire said...

It is simply adorable - my daughter would just love this! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

Chelsea

Lori said...

The head band is really cute. Too bad she didn't like it!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party. Don't forget to stop by and enter my giveaway. I'll announce the winner at next week party!

Katie said...

I was thinking as I scrolled down how cute it was and how unlikely it was that mine would've kept it on. Then I came to the last photo, too funny.

Laura said...

I made one for my daughter when she was that age, and she wouldn't wear it either. Such is life, but it is such a great idea to use the elastic. It seems more likely to keep it on than a regular type of headband. Nice job!

Jess said...

This is such a cute idea! I want to make one!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That is so cute! I was wondering how you'd keep it on and now I know. My 11 year old loves headbands now, but when she was a baby she hated anything on her head! Beautiful photography!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like it was beautiful - until she ripped it off :)

Visiting from Super Crafty Saturdays.

Unknown said...

how beautiful! Thanks for linking up this week!!

Melissa said...

I totally lolled. I had the same experience last year but with the tu tu. I have pictures of her trying to take it off. It takes serious bribing (I used grapes) to get them to wear the 'good stuff'. Thanks for sharing though, I am totally making it and I'll bring out the chocolate chips for the photo shoot!

Lenetta said...

I linked to this on last weekend's weekly roundup and am just now (yikes!) getting around to commenting. I'm still cracking up at how it turned out for you - what a cute, cute idea!!

Post a Comment