Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mod Podge Tin

So my 2nd new addiction is Mod Podge! How can you not LOVE this stuff! It is just way too easy!

I was debating what to put Aly's birthday bow collection in and played around with a few different ideas when I remembered...I have that super cute star tin! I received a Christmas gift in this tin a few years back and knew I could find something cool to do with it! That's when the Mod Podge comes in! I went to the scrapbook paper stack and started ripping! I wanted a very random design with bright colors! Personally I think it turned out great! Aly even hugged the tin so I'd call that a success!


Here's a mini tutorial:
Step One: Find a cool tin, grab some scrapbook paper.

Step Two: Rip up your scrapbook paper and grab your Mod Podge.
(Since the pieces were so random I spread the Mod Podge on the back of the paper scraps and then placed on the tin, finishing with a 2nd coat on top to seal it once on the tin.)

Step Three: Allow to dry completely and then fill with items of your choice!
(I also added chipboard embellishments and then sealed with one more layer of Mod Podge)


Happy Crafting!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 want.love.need.comments:

Staci J said...

SUUUper cute Jax!

Amy Jo Madsen said...

Oooh...I've done similar things on wood/cardboard, but I didn't know it would work on a tin. Awesome! I'll have to try this--thanks for the idea!

kae pea said...

yes I agree with Staci J...SUUUper cute!

Post a Comment