Saturday, May 22, 2010

See It Again Saturday: Little Lace Flower

If you missed the Field Trip this week at A Few of My Favorite Things this is what we did:
Little Lace Flower 

What you'll need:
Lace Trim - Felt - Glue Gun

Step One: Trace and cut two circles out of your felt.

Step Two: Apply a thin bead of glue to the outside of your felt circle.

Step Three: Stick the inside edge of your lace trim to the glue.

Step Four: Continue steps 2&3 in small increments. 
(I used an old thimble to prevent burning my fingers on the hot glue.)

Step Five: When you get to the center just cut your trim and glue end down.

Optional Steps: Now you can either leave the lace flower as is or embellish the center:
(I found these adorable brads at Target)

You will want to make a pilot hole with your craft knife, then add your brad.

Now you have a cute little lace flower!
Isn't she pretty! You can use this so many different ways!
I choose to put it on a large bobby pin.
(When I make soft headbands I sew the elastic with a long overlap and opening so I can slide these puppies right in!)

To secure to the bobby pin slide you 2nd piece on felt through the center.

Now glue your lace flower on top!
Tada! I love the vintage feel & can't wait to wear it!

{Linking up with these great blogs} including The Boardwalk Bragfest

Related Posts with Thumbnails

86 want.love.need.comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

I totally love this....I am going to use mine for scrapbooking!! Thanks bunches for the how to!

glor said...

How sweet is this is this flower. Thanks for sharing, there are so many places to use such a pretty flower. Certainly will look to making these.

BAILEY said...

This is beautiful and I really want to try and make this. I featured it on my blog.

http://doehlerdays.blogspot.com/2010/05/lace-flower.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Kari Sweeten said...

Simply. Gorgeous.
I'll be featuring tonight!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So cute and clever. They DO look like vintage pieces.

Unknown said...

Love love love this! Where did you find the lace?

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

I found the lace in the clearance area at either Michael's or Joann...one of the two!

Mag said...

this is so cool!! love it

Anne said...

Oooh, so pretty!!! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-lace-button-flower/2010/05/23/

--Anne

Unknown said...

So simple and pretty. Just how I like it :)
{Rebekah}

The Oxford Family said...

saw you on UCreate...so cute!

Missy said...

I just love this. I am so excited to make one and share your idea with my friends too. They will love it. :) Thanks!

Denise said...

I saw lace for 50% off at Hobby Lobby yesterday and was tempted to make this, but then found myself paralyzed by indecision. What color of lace? Can I pull off a lacy flower accessory? It is adorable!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the post....I purchased tons of lace at a closeout. Now I know what to do with some of it.

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to try this sweet yet elegant project with some antique lace and buttons I have not found a use for until now! Thanks bunches for the post!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so pretty! I love the lace. I just clicked over from Craft Gossip. I would love to link to this if you didn't mind.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Can't wait to see your versions! Make sure to email pictures to alyashcreations@gmail.com

And Denise, a little lace flower would look fantastic in your beautiful red hair!

raggygirlvintage said...

So pretty, love the way you used the lace to make the flower.
Tracey

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That is SOOO sweet. Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to tackle some of these when summer vacation starts.

Justine said...

cute! looks super easy! I am going to give this a try :)

Barbara Jean said...

very sweet./ Great instructions.

blessings

barbara jean

monika said...

Wow this is great. I made something similar on my blog but your idea is much simpler. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

Yes, I'm totally gonna' try this craft!! I'm not very crafty but this one is too cute and looks easy enough.:)
Thanks for posting and sharing a great step by step tutorial.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Kaysi said...

Those are so adorable!!

Crystal said...

so gorgeous! these would be perfect for my scrapbook LO's and cards i make! just beautiful! thanks for sharing! glad i popped on over from creative girl because this idea is fabulous! hugs!

Robyn said...

OH MY! GREAT tutorial! I've been playing with the different flowers in bloggyville awhile but I ADORE this one...it has such a sweet/funky anthropology feel to it! I'm so glad I saw this on between naps on the porch! ...new follower too!

~L~ said...

this is chic and so simple!

Id love to have you link to my link party
Make My Style mondays @ Avidaccents.blogspot
~L~

tomiannie said...

Thank you for the great tutorial! I just posted the one I made for my little sister here:

http://tomiannie.blogspot.com/2010/05/little-of-this-little-of-that.html

malia said...

these are so fun!
www.yesterdayontuesday.typepad.com

Bonnie Weeks said...

I love it! I've never thought to look at Target for brads before. They are so cute and match perfectly with the lace.

Anonymous said...

i love these!! definitely adding them to my to do list :) thanks for sharing

Jennifer Juniper said...

So sweet! I love the feeling of this!

Tori said...

Seriously love this! I am gonna whip up a whole bunch for my little girl!

Tori said...

P.S. Saw this on TipJunkie! :)

Tricia said...

Thanks for sharing your great project. My nieces are coming into town, we are going to have to craft it up.

Thanks,

Tricia Leafytreetop.blogspot.com

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

What a darling project! I would to make some of these for my granddaughter! So cute!
Hugz,
Kim

MandeeFranee said...

OMGosh this is so pretty!!! I need to keep my eyes peeled for some pretty lace ribbon! :)

Abbi said...

Very cute! I love the idea.

Unknown said...

Oh this is soooo cute! What a cute blog! I just found you!

I have a Friday link party I'd love you to come join!

Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

jayayceeblog said...

Gosh, you made that so simple. I think I have the supplies to make some now. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh that is cute! I have the supplies to make that today!! I am so going to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Brooke said...

So adorable and simple. I love it!

Brooke @ Crafting Chicks

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! This is one awesome project. Easy, fast, and affordable. All win wins in my book and add ADORABLE to it...awesome!! Thanks for linking this to Woo Hoo! Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

If that is not the cutest thing, I don't know what is. I am going to make one of those and give you full credit. Love it!

Anonymous said...

The post will be called -- all the things I learned from Alyandash...really...Keep 'em coming!

seven thirty three said...

Love these! Super girly.

Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

It's beautiful...I just featured it on Everything Etsy! :)

~KIm

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Ha-ha Jan you're hilarious! I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo...I love it. Thank you for that great tute! And I love the idea of using the thimble. I will definitely use that next time I am hot gluing. I have two blisters on my fingers from using my new hot glue gun and the glue dripped...ouch!

Lisa B. said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing.

Erika said...

so pretty and girly, I love it!
smiles,
Erika

Kate said...

I love it! Love Love! And I think this is one I might actually be able to make! :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute and those button brads are too cool! :)

Teena said...

this is really pretty, perhaps a good way to recycle any nice lace from old underwear? Happy Transformation Thursday <3

Laura said...

This is so pretty. You could wear it with so mnay things!

Laura @ along for the ride
p.s. I have a blog party on Saturdays and I'd love it if you linked up!

Rambling Housewife said...

This is so so so pretty. I always find myself "inheriting", more like accumulating, vintage fabric and lace from my grandmas, and this would be the perfect gift to give back to them for their kindness of letting me scavenge through their stuff!! Thank You:)

http://andonemoreequalsfour.blogspot.com

Helena said...

What a sweet little flower. I think I'm going to make a bunch, and put them all over my clothes :)

Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy session over at Life in the Pitts.

Sachiko said...

The flower is very pretty! Thank you for linking to my party!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! This is stunning. I hope you’ll join me again next week! ☺

Shane Pollard said...

First time to your blog.

ADORE the feminine flower and can't wait to make one or two or.....

Just lovely, I'm joining your blog to see more of what you do!

Thank you for sharing.

Herbgirl said...

I've been wanting to make some of these adorable flowers and have been procrastinating. With your 'how-to' I have no more excuses. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

Unknown said...

Those are way cute too! I just love the look of lace. So girly :D

Pearl Maple said...

Very clever and creative use of lace, thanks for sharing the inspiration.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG I never thought of using a thimble, all these years of hot glue burns!!! I am so glad I found your blog and got this tip, I have got to follow you I don't want to miss a thing! If you get a chance hop on over to my blog for a peek!

Thank you Carol

Marifetli Cadı said...

Little Lace Flower is Wonderfull.....

Room to Inspire said...

Very pretty and such a great use for lace! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

Chelsea

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it! haha its gorgeous.. and so simple.. why I didnt think of how to do this myself is a wonder. haha SO thank you so much for the how to, I LOVE this. And I made one.. and will be making more. I posted about it, and gave you credit, you can check it out here: http://agapelovedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/lace-flower-hair-clip.html

Thanks again for sharing this beautiful creation!! I just recently found your blog the other night, and I am loving all of your creations!

Rachel said...

I love, love these! I just made 22 for my daughter's friends and they were so easy to make! I posted a couple of pictures on my and gave you credit. Here's the link if you'd like to stop by and take a look: http://www.sewambitious.com/2010/06/little-lace-flower-hair-pin.html

Rachel

gwenstella said...

sooooooooo cuteeeeeeee. yes, totally gonna try it. :D

Unknown said...

This is so pretty!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Hello, my friend! I can’t tell you how much I adore this! Thank you for the fabulous tutorial!! I featured this tutorial today on my blog with a roundup of flower tutorials. Here is the link:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/07/wednesdays-wowzers-3-dozen-plus-four.html

Thank you so much for inspiring me. Have a wonderful day!

~Alison

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi, saw your tutorial on Coco Loves Vintage. I'm going to be getting out my vintage lace and making some of these up. Thanks for sharing;_)

Unknown said...

This is sooo pretty! I would like to use that in one of my paper art projects. Thanks for sharing. Great tutorial.

Zafran ali said...

Very cute! I love the idea.you have done nice job. flowers to Pakistan

Red, Blonde and Burlap said...

How cute are you! I found this on pinterest and just love it. Can't wait to make one for myself!

a fortunate gal said...

Sooo cute! I've made these before but not with brads. What a great idea and it gives such an easy vintage look. Question: where do you get your bobby pins? They seem so much easier to glue flowers onto. Great job!

Foundations Workshop said...

Adorable!!

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Thanks for this tut, I love it and am sure going to make one :)

Natalie said...

Where can I find the large bobby pins at?

Tami said...

Also, am I the only who needa a little help on the actual flower making part, HELP!!

Karisa said...

This is so pretty! I've included it in our fabric flower round-up on the FaveCrafts Blog here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/link-love-flowers-from-fabric/

Make sure to grab a button! http://www.favecrafts.com/index.php/hct/about-us-link-to-us

Waseem said...

lovely post....love the way you use the lace to make the flower. I like it.


Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia

Unknown said...

I love these! I looked all over for vintage flower tutorials a year ago and ended up resorting to designing my own: http://www.livinginlilliput.com/2012/03/lace-rose-tutorial.html
I'm excited to try a few of these too! Thanks! Oh, and if you have a second to check out the pics on my blog, I clustered the flowers in different sizes on headbands and barrettes - and used pearls as centers - LOVE your antique-looking brads for a more casual feel! So many uses to these fun vintage lace flowers!

Amy said...

Hi! I made one of these adorable flowers for my daughter and blogged it with a link back to you for the tutorial! Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com/2012/06/raising-her-ears.html

Thanks for sharing!
Amy

online florist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment