Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Too Cute Towel Hanger

Tutorial Tuesdays:
Too Cute Towel Hanger


What you'll need:

$1.00 Unfinished Wood Frame (Michaels)
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
Scizzors or Paper Cutter
Craft Knife
Screw On Hook
Sand Paper
Ink Distress Pad
Corner Cutter
Embellishments of Your Choice


Step One:
Trace the shape of your frame onto the back of your scrapbook paper.

Step Two:
Use your paper cutter or scissors to cut your traced shape out of the scrapbook paper.
Then use your craft knife to cut out the inner square.

Step Three:
Use your corner cutter to round the corners of your scrapbook paper.

Step Four:
Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to your paper and place on frame. Watch out for bubbles!

Allow to dry completly.
And if you have one; while you wait take some time to squeeze that sweet craft room guard or yours!


Step Five:
Once dry use your craft knife to trim the edges of your scrapbook paper.

Step Six:
Sand the edges and distress with your ink pad.

Step Seven:
Screw on your hook. (I placed just one in the center but you could definetly use a multiple hooks)

Step Eight:
Seal with a think layer of Mod Podge. Make sure to get the edges!
(First time using Mod Podge? Don't worry it will dry clear!!)

Step Nine:
Embellish as desired and hang! We always take our towel clad cutie to his room after bathtime and would end up hanging the wet towel on his crib. This is so much better!
(Wow I really need to get pictures in those frames don't I!)


Click HERE for the awesome blogs I'm linking up with this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

29 want.love.need.comments:

Unknown said...

That is just too cute! Doesn't hurt that you've got a cutie to do in your frame.
Great job on the tutorial!

Tenille said...

so going to make those. super cute. :)

René said...

What a cutie!! The towel hanger is very cute too.

Angie Holden said...

So very cute!!

Unknown said...

So cute!! That is a great idea!!

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

That is a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

Megan @ Meanwhile... said...

Lol about the craft room guard, I have one, too! Very cute idea, and you could really use a hanger like that for all kinds of things. Thanks for sharing!

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

VERY cute! Love it! Come link at my party: Thursday's Treasures!!
http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/03/thursdays-treasures-week-14.html

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

I am seriously LOVING this. I have been a huge fan of those $1 frames and have made things with them but not a towel hanger!! What a great idea. Gorgeous baby and LOVE that color on your wall. I would love to know what the color is.

Thanks for sharing this at Spring has Sprung at Fun to Craft. I am going to feature this. Come by and snag a featured button.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is so adorable. We are going to redo our kids bath in the next year and I will have to do this. I love it!

Jess said...

That is such a great idea!! I am totally going to make that, especially since my daughter's towel currently hangs on her doorknob. Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

iheartsunnydays said...

What a brilliant idea...and such a super cute baby!

Nicole said...

Such a cute idea! Such c ute little guy you have too!

Victoria said...

That's really cute and what a darling baby you have!

Melissa said...

I love everything about this! of course the hook, but the wall color the bead board. I just love it all!

Recaptured Charm said...

Totally adorable!! Both the frame and the baby!

Jess said...

I am planning on featuring your post on Favorite Things Friday next week! Stop by to pick up my Featured button if you would like...and thanks for linking up!

Lori said...

I adore this! What a cutie you have there!!! His photo totally makes the frame!!!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori! Please join me next week for another great party!

Laura said...

This is so sweet!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

What a great idea! I love the way it looks hanging in your bathroom.

My son (who is now 14) loved the Johnny Jump up! I could get so much done with him in there!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I LOVE this idea! I'm totally copying it!

Miss G said...

Wow! Really, really cute! May just have to make one for my sweetie on the way. Thanks for the great tutorial. Kelly

Andy Porter said...

Oh my WORD that is too TOO CUTE!!! I love it!!! Thanks for linking up to Creative Cats this last week!!

Unknown said...

This is the cutest thing ever! Thanks for linking up this week!

Tracey @ My House of Giggles said...

SO cuuuute!!! Thanks so much for this great tutorial! Your craft room guard is just so darn cute too!! I have a very similar little guard in my doorway too :)

kati said...

Oh I am so excited for this... great idea... I have been looking for somthing for my kids rooms to hold their towels... as hubby keeps them in odd places! Thanks for the great idea.

kati said...

I loved this idea so much I made my own today... and I have to say as my first experience with MOD PODGE I am so in love with it. Thanks!

http://dragonflyfeathers.blogspot.com/2010/07/awesome-towel-hanger-for-joshua.html

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love this! I am featuring it on CrazyDomestic.com this Tuesday! Thanks for the fun idea!
-Steph

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

This is so cute, I can see so many ways do use these :) thanks for sharing

Post a Comment