Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Downeast Basics Inspired Petal Necklace

Tutorial Tuesday
Downeast Basics Inspired Petal Necklace  

Today we will be making a Downeast Basics inspired necklace for less than $1.00...yup you read that right LESS THAN ONE DOLLAR!! 

Here's my inspiration and how to make it yourself:
Cute right!

Step One: Supplies
I don't know about you but I go though accessories faster than clothes so I always have old necklaces etc lying around. I grabbed this old necklace and a pack of artificial flower petals from the Target dollar section.

Step Two:
Since my necklace had a 2nd chain I carefully opened one of the rings and removed it to put the petals on.

Step Three:
Use a craft knife to cut a little "x" in the center(ish) of your flower and string onto your necklace.

Step Four:
 Every third flower fold in half before cutting your "x" and string on still folded.

 Step Five:
Continue pattern until finished! I used 17 petals.
(50 petals in pack for $1.00 - 17 Petals used = 34 Cents Total!!!)

 I re-attached the top chain and Voila!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

31 want.love.need.comments:

GroverFamily said...

cute! you did a great job:)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I like yours better. Thanks for the tutorial.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Aww thanks Suzanne! Yeah I'm not a huge "beads" girl so I like the petals on a chain!

memakingdo said...

That is so cute good job!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Huh! So cute!

Unknown said...

Looks fun and breezy! I LOVE what ever it is you have it draped over! hehehe Thanks for joining us for Anything related!
~Bridgette

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Ok... I'm so copying this!! I just made a 2 layer silver chain necklace, but it's lacking that "something eye-catching". I love this!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mandy Beyeler said...

thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday! Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Bridgette - It's a "Wish" sign I redid with Paris scrapbook paper...ran out of paper for the "W" and can't find more anywhere! It's driving me a little crazy! At least the "ish" looks good!

Staci J said...

Great idea Jax!!! Love it!

Looking Glass Jewels said...

What a beautiful necklace! I love it! I need to make one STAT!

~Amanda @Looking Glass Jewels

i'm erin. said...

OH I love it! I'll have to make it. You're Genius!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a summer necklace! I saw a container of petals, marked down to a minimal cost but couldn't think of what I could do with them. Now I could kick myself for not picking them up!

Thanks for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday. Please remember to link back to the party. Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!!! So sweet and soft. I am going to make one TODAY, post it on my blog and give you credit, girl.

Recaptured Charm said...

That really IS adorable. You can wear that with anything! First time on your site, looking forward to seeing your other projects! I'm having a giveaway, a s/s necklace is up for grabs. Come on by. Would love to see you!
Lisa
www.recapturedcharm.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love it. This came out so cute and it looks relatively easy!


-heather

Jessica @ Me and My Bucket said...

You are awesome!! I like it with the petals!! So much easier than having to cut out the chiffon circles!!

I'm hoping to get to the shirts this week, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to do!!

~L~ said...

this is cute and oh so simple. love it!

seven thirty three said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

That's super sweet! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

Denise Marie said...

way to make it yours!!

Prior said...

very feminine, thanks for the tutorial and love the letters it's hanging from. Lezlee

Room to Inspire said...

Love it - thanks for the great tutorial and linking it up to Be Inspired this week.

Chelsea

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

So easy and beautiful! I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very nice!! I think I'm going to have to try this!! :)

Kaysi said...

Super super cute!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I wanted to stop by and let you know that your project has been featured from the Boardwalk Bragfest. You can take a look here:

http://wwwbobbypinsboardwalk.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to grab that "featured" button. You earned it!

LuckyStarErin said...

I need to make this!

Anonymous said...

I made the necklace !!!! It turned out beautiful and Amy loves it. I've posted about it on my blog, referring to your blog for the tutorial. Thanks for the great project!

Cindy Adkins said...

This is positively dreamy and darling!!! Just love it!
HUGS,
Cindy Adkins
www.recoveryartist.com

Post a Comment