Saturday, May 8, 2010

See It Again Saturday: Stamped Little Birdie Shirt

If you missed the field trip yesterday here is what we did:
 
Stamped Little Birdie Shirt

Step One:
Pour a very thin layer of fabric paint onto a plastic/paper plate large enough for your stamp.

Step Two:
Lightly press your stamp into the fabric paint. Be careful not to get too much paint on your stamp. You only want paint on the raised area, it should look something like this.

Step Three:
Stamp your shirt & allow to dry!

Step Four:
While the shirt(s) are drying. I cut out some little birdies to applique to my shirt. Follow the directions on your Wonder Under or other bonding paper and adhere birdies to your shirt.
Like the birdies I used? You can print or download the template from my sidebar! I made the stencil from a Photoshop brush I got at {Pixels and Ice Cream}! If you haven't already, be sure to check out their awesome site!

Step Five:
Apply a very thin bead of Fray Check to the edges of your appliques to prevent fraying.

Step Six:
Sew or hand stitch around the edge of the birds. I had stitched with embroidery floss at half thickness. Then touch up the beak and tail with a little more Fray Check if needed.

You're Done!

Here are some close-ups!
I'm giving these two as a "big sister, little sister" baby shower gift! 


If you make on make sure to send pics to alyashcreations@gmail.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

35 want.love.need.comments:

Denise said...

Those turned out really cute! Love that fabric. ;-)

Gay Vaughan said...

Love this! Such a fun and cute idea.
Thanks for sharing.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Tenille said...

very cute. I like the hand stitched look.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Thanks! I know I still want to try the other fabric Denise but didn't have paint that matched. The lavender I sent you home with Monday was actually mine...well the one you gave me a long time ago! Ha-ha! I went to use it and was like...dang it! So I went with blue and your fabric!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Tenille, I'm making one for Aly this week!

Anji* said...

These are so cute! I love the idea of big & little sister ones!

Lauren said...

super cute! love the birdies!

sarah said...

Those are soo adorable!! love them!

Kaysi said...

I love this idea!!

Mad in Crafts said...

Very cute! Do you have to do anything to make the fabric paint set?

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills Party!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Yes, you do need to heat set the paint with an iron when dry. Follow the directions on your paint, mine said let dry 24 hours and then heat set. I always place a thin cloth over my shirt and then iron. Thank you for asking!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing your great idea.
Janet xox

mamaTAVE said...

Timely post for me... I need to make a shower gift for twins (one boy, one girl) this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

So awesome! Thank you for sharing this @ Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

Stephanie Cameron said...

So, so cute!! I have a stamp like this...I could do it!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! What an absolutely adorable project!! Thanks for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and sharing!

Alida L. said...

Very cute!

seven thirty three said...

Ooooo! I love these! Absolutely adorable.

Thanks for sharing on Sugar & Spice.

Room to Inspire said...

Simply adorable! Thanks for linking this up as well.

Chelsea

Ashlee Marie said...

I love this stamp. I've seen it used in a few different crafts lately. Turned out cute.

Jenn said...

OMG! I'm SO glad I found your blog! I have lots of beautiful stamps but I've never really thought about using them on clothing. Love it! My little monsters would look so cute in a stamped tee! Thanks so very much for sharing your idea, designs and tips. I'm following and can't wait to read more! Have a great weekend. :)

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Love these! Those birdies are sooo cute! Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays. I’ll be featuring you this week. Come stop by and grab a button! ☺

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Craftcherry said...

Such a cute idea...I'm going to have to go thru my stamp collection and see what I have that would work for this!

Amy said...

super duper cute. I love little onesies, wish I had some cool stamps!
Thanks for linking up to "AP tuesdays!" Hope to see you tomorrow!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I have never been able to get stamps right! You make it look so easy! I love how this looks, you did a great job!!

LuckyStarErin said...

you have a very artistic eye. your projects are always beautiful!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Cute! I love using the rubber stamps this way. I have so many of them and never thought of using them on fabric. Love!!

TheCraftInMe said...

Very cute, I've been wanting to make some cute onesies and never thought of stamping - great idea!

Anna said...

so cute, I love the writing stamp and the birds, well, I just love it all! :)

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I featured this fabulous idea with a roundup of baby ideas celebrating Baby Week. Here's the link:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/06/baby-week-business-final-roundup-of.html

Thanks so much for the inspiration!
~Alison

Barbara Nimmo said...

Your "See it Again Saturday" post featuring the stamped little girl is absolutely charming! The way you bring life to your creations through stamping is truly delightful.
promocodehq

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Your blog has become a go-to source for creative inspiration. Thank you for consistently sharing your artistic talents, and I look forward to more of your delightful creations.
how much is 30 dollars an hour annually

Timothee Lambert said...

"Happy anniversary to a blog that has enriched the online community with its valuable content! Your dedication to excellence and your ability to connect with readers make your platform a standout. Wishing you continued success and prosperity!"
https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/pearson-vue-promo-code

Jennifer Walsh said...

Your 'See It Again Saturday: Stamped Little' blog is a nostalgic journey through creativity and craftsmanship. The stamped designs are charming! For those inspired to try their hand at stamping, have you stumbled upon any ongoing promotions or discounts on crafting supplies? A shared tip on where to #UsePromos for stamping materials would enhance the crafting experience.

Post a Comment