Saturday, May 1, 2010

See It Again Saturday: Diaper Box Transformation

In-case you missed my Field Trip Friday with A Country Chic Cottage yesterday here is what we did:

I came up with this idea when I saw a post on my friends family blog. Her one year old daughter had decided out of the blue that her baby doll was the very best toy ever, and wanted to feed her, hold her and love her all the time. My friend being a bit unprepared for this sudden change grabbed a diaper box for a dolly bed and I thought..."Hey! You should Mod Podge that!"

Diaper Box turned Baby Doll Bed

 
Adorable right! I love it...and am a bit jealous it's already promised to Aly for her baby doll because it could really be used for any type of small storage and looks awfully cute in my craft room right now! ;)
Here is what I did:
  
Step One:
Use an xacto knife to trim off the top flaps and a half circle on the front.
 Step Two:
Measure, cut and arrange your scrapbook paper of choice.
Step Three:
Use Mod Podge to adhere scrapbook paper to your box and then cover with a top coat and allow to dry completely.
Step Four:
Use ribbon to cover the bare edges. I started on the underneath side and wrapped around on the diagonal making a "x" on the inside bottom.  
Step Five:
Cut strips of ribbon and continue to cover all the bare edges. Do so in small amounts and quickly across the top as the glue seeps into the holes in the cardboard. I left my strips long so I could tie bows at the four corners.
Step Six:
Tie your bows! I found doing so bunny ear style worked best! 
Step Seven:
You can use decorative ribbon to add a little to the front.
TaDa!
You now have a super cute baby doll bed...or storage box!

Do you have an awesome Mod Podge project? If you do make sure to link up at my Crafty Crafty Ladies Night Link Party this Saturday! The theme is Mod Podge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

5 want.love.need.comments:

Unknown said...

great idea!! I love the inside paper too!!

Sarah said...

Oh my, that is THE MOST ADORABLE modge podge project ever! I must try it. Thanks for the great idea!!!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Odd-Lee said...

I love this! I will def. be using this to make storage for my completed bows! I have the exact box that I just keep moving from one place to the next! LOL! Thanks SOOO much!

Practically Spent said...

Ta-Da is right!! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

My daughter would love this!

Post a Comment