Thursday, April 1, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Spider Shirt

Ok I just have to take a second for some self praise...It turned out SOOO cute!! Ok I'm done!

I am so excited about this shirt though! I had mentioned in my Spring Break Extravaganza post where I made Asher's {Spit Happens & Name Tees} that I had a bunch of ideas whirling around in my head and this is the first one to materialize! I used a bleach pen for the web, wool felt for the spider and embroidery floss for the edges. (I'm a big fan of messy floss - love it)


And for those wondering; I did not sew on the spider, that would be my right hand gal Denise.
I still have yet to even touch {"The Machine"}.


I can't wait to see my little cutie in it; however, with his insane rate of growth I purchased an 18m shirt so it might be a few months...weeks...ok ok.. days before he fits it! But I will be sure to post pics when he does!


I also have some thanks to give to Cheri @ {I Am Momma Hear Me Roar} not only for teaching me via blog tuorial how to make these adorable tees but also for featuring my tees on her site!
Wahoo! I Roared!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

24 want.love.need.comments:

Mom C said...

Too Cute!! Maybe it will fit when I'm there in a few short weeks!!
Love ya all.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi.. I'm Barb from the Life as Lori Link Party..You were ahead of me..Great craft..Good job & darling family..I became a follower to your blog, too! I Hope you'll check out my blog @santasgiftshoope.blogspot.com
& hopefully find something that might inspire you & you'll be a Follower of mine, too!
I'm new to this but have found such wonderful people doing these parties & link ups. I wish the rest of the world could be as uplifting & supportive to each other as I have experienced here. Have a Great Day!! Barb
P.S. Hope to have my own link party @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
coming very soon..Hope you will join up, too.

Jess said...

That is really cute...If only I had a boy.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

It could be cute on a girl...just put it on a pink shirt!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

How cute!! I love the idea of using the bleach pen too. Turned out so fun...I want to make one now! Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party!

Kelley said...

Bleach pen! what a great idea... sometimes when I see such good ideas...I just bonk myself in the noggin. Have a great week!

Katie said...

So cute :) I followed you over from my blog and can't wait to see your photography and crafts!

Katie

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

That is adorable!! I love the effect with the paint pen!

Denise said...

I was spoiled for this shirt, but I do have to say the stitching turned out cute. Now if only Brady would relinquish the garbage truck shirt long enough to let me embroider it...

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

He's wearing it again today I guess! That's awesome! "Gar-Gar!"

Rachel said...

Too adorable. I love it!

Helena said...

Cute! I especially love the black stitching on the edges of the shirt :)

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

Tracy said...

I LOVE this shirt - great idea!

BTW, I found you through New Friend Friday! Following you now!

Room to Inspire said...

Oh my, this shirt is just too cute! My son would love it. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this week.

Chelsea

Gay Vaughan said...

This is SO stinkin' cute! I don't have anyone to wear this...but I am making one anyway! Thank you for sharing and bringing your hodgepodge to my party. I love seeing what you are up to. Hope to see you again.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Lori said...

You did a great job!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

Gay Vaughan said...

So glad you saw the feature! Thanks again!
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

how cute is this!!! Thanks for linking up to this week's Super Crafty Saturday!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is really cute. What boy wouldn't love it! Darling!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

XOXO
Jen

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love this and will be featuring it on my sidebar all day Tuesday! Thanks for the great idea!!!

Charity Donovan said...

This would be so cute for Halloween! LOVE it!!!

Anji* said...

This is an awesome idea! My 6yo son would love this! I might just have to make him one.

Unknown said...

SO cute! The messy floss made me think of writing, and I hate sewing, so instead I used a paint pen and lettered the rhyme around the hem. Stretched the shirt taut on a board and it worked great.

Sophia Grace said...


The new report by Expert Market Research titled, ‘Europe Biodiesel Market Report and Forecast 2022-2027’, gives an in-depth analysis of the Europe Biodiesel Market, assessing the market based on its segments like feedstocks, types, technologies, applications, and major regions. The report tracks the latest trends in the industry and studies their impact on the overall market. It also assesses the market dynamics, covering the key demand and price indicators, along with analyzing the market based on the SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces models.In Europe, favourable government policies like European Green Deal introduced in December 2019 are positively influencing the market for biodiesel. This policy aims to increase greenhouse gas savings (GHG) from biofuels from 41% to 55% making Europe climate neutral by 2051, along with the measures aimed at promoting the production of rapeseed oil and sunflower oil.















Therefore, We would like you to read more of other business reports. Kindly check these also : Asia Pacific Vaccine Market, Micro Inverter Market, Albumin Market, Middle East and Africa Cybersecurity Market, Microserver Market, Vegetable Concentrates Market, States Flooring Market, Brazil Healthcare Learning Management System Market, Sterilisation Services Market, Sports and Energy Drinks Market, Media Monitoring Tools Market

Post a Comment