Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Ribbon Rosette Earrings

Tutorial Tuesday
Ribbon Rosette Earrings

Ok first off I apologise for the close up of my ear! Apparently taking a self portrait of an earring is not the easiest thing in the world..especially when trying to avoid the whole 11pm no makeup face thing! And yes my freckles do extend to my ears...lovely!
-
Anyway moving on...
-
I have been obsessed with button earrings the last few weeks! And thought hey...what if I made a little ribbon rosette & stuck it on one of the posts and voila!

What You'll Need:
Skinny Ribbon
Glue Gun
Lighter or Fray Check
Felt
Earring Posts & Butterfly Nuts

Step One:
Grab your ribbon and start tying loose(ish) knots. (I tied 5 knots per rosette.) Trim your ribbon on both ends and burn to prevent fraying.

Step Two:
Dab a bit of glue on the face of your post and stick it to some felt. (I used the scraps from a headband I made yesterday but next time I'll use a matching color.) Trim off excess felt around the post.

Step Three:
Use another little dab of glue to secure the rosette to the felt and you're done! (I don't know that the felt is even nessesary but I was worried the rosette would pull off the post too easy and because the size was so close I didn't want the shiny silver showing through.)

I can't wait to add them to my collection!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

17 want.love.need.comments:

burlap+blue said...

So lovely! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Wow...seams easy enough! I think I have a daughter who would like to try these out! Thanks for linking up to Anything Related!
~Bridgette

Amy said...

cute, how cool. very dainty, these are great on women but still small enough for little girls. love that.
thank you for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" Could you do me a favor and link up under the crafts section? It is on the same page, just scroll down a bit. Its a bit confusing, trying something new this week, the post will tell you more...

Ginger said...

Super cute and EASY! My kind of project! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Ginger
SSB

Tenille said...

very easy. and cute. if only the posts were stainless steel...

Stacey said...

Those are so cute and yet so easy! I love it! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

seven thirty three said...

What a great idea and super cute.

Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I'm making these for my niece! SO cute.

Denise said...

Jax, these earrings are cuter than a basket full of kittens. Seriously.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

So dainty and precious! I love miniature little things! I would wear these if I had my ears pierced.

Kaysi said...

Wow those are adorable!!

Room to Inspire said...

I agree with Michelle - very dainty and precious. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

Chelsea

Anonymous said...

How sweet are those? Great idea, you clever girl!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Very sweet! Thanks for the tutorial!

Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden!

Laura said...

These are adorable. I can't wait to make them!

I'm having a blog party tomorrow and I'd love it if you linked up!
http://www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

Lori said...

These earrings are so cute.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party.

Ginger said...

Just to let you know I featured you today on Mad Skills Monday! See you feature below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/05/mad-skills-monday-link-party-6.html

Thanks!
Ginger
SSB

Post a Comment