Friday, April 23, 2010

Field Trip Friday w/ Craft Envy

Hello Aly & Ash readers!  My name is Vanessa, and my sister-in-law/BFF Nicholette and I have this little blog called

Why would we name it that?  Because it's an evil we suffer from.  Craft Envy.  We are always looking for ways to make something fabulous, and we can't help it but feel envious of all the wonderful crafters we see in the blogosphere  and their wonderful ideas! You fuel our crafting!!! :)  Okay, enough silly stuff.  
Here are a few things you can find on our blog:
Adorable headband made from an old tie!  Isn't it cute?


This layered button bracelet is easy and fun, you can finally use up some of those buttons sitting around.


This egg shell picture frame was such a fun Valentine's Day gift to make!

These cardboard decorative letters look adorable in my little girl's bedroom.  Make sure to check them out!

So, Mother's Day is coming up soon, and I've started working on some little gifts for the special women in my life, but I didn't quite know how to wrap them, they're tiny gifts... That's when I saw my trusty bag of toilet paper rolls, waiting to be turned into something fabulous, and came up with this:
That's right friends!  These cute boxes are made out of TP rolls!  Let's get to it.
What you'll need:
- TP roll
-glue
-scissors
-pencil
-some kind of paper to cover your box (I used some old tissue paper from a gift, and a napkin!)
-embellishments

Flatten your TP roll, and trace on both edges a curved line, like you see above.

Cut out on the line you just traced.  Your roll will look like this.

Baad picture, sorry.  But you get the idea, fold the edges you have just cut out, to the inside of the roll.  

You will do that to all of them.  It will look like this.  Isn't that a cute shape?

Now go ahead and open your roll out again, cover it with glue and lay it on the paper you want to use.  I like to crinkle up the paper to give it some texture, I think it looks cool!  After that, go ahead and trim your paper to the shape of your little gift box.

Don't forget to embellish away!  I tied a cute little bow in one, and I used a paper flower on the other, but you could add whatever you like!  And they're perfect size for the little beaded watches I'm making... Shhhh.... don't tell the mothers! :)

Jax, thanks so much for giving us a chance to be a guest at your awesome blog!  You have no idea how many of your projects are currently bookmarked on my computer right now!  

post signature

What a GREAT idea! I can't wait to try it! It would also be good with paper towel rolls for larger items! Thanks for sharing Nicholette & Vanessa! Everyone make sure to check out their blog {Craft Envy} it's full of amazing projects and tip!

And don't forget to enter my {HUGE GIVEAWAY}!
 And if you've already entered check out what's {In the Box} it's getting  REALLY good!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 want.love.need.comments:

KA said...

Those are some really cute ideas!

Nicholette said...

Thanks so much for letting us be here! You're awesome! Oh, don't forget to link up to our linky party today!

Post a Comment