Friday, April 9, 2010

Field Trip Friday with One Crafty Mommy!

Hello all you Aly & Ash readers! I am so excited to be here today with you. I love reading Aly & Ash daily and seeing what cute ideas Jax comes up with! I wanted to share with you a little about myself and what I do before my tutorial!

I'm Shannon from One Crafty Mommy and I am writing you from sunny southern California. I am a 24 year old SAHM to one adorable 2 1/2 year old princess and the wife to the most amazing Marine Veteran a girl could ask for.
I get my kicks from crafty ideas, second-hand store, & clearance sales. I love finding creative ideas from fellow moms/homemakers. I love those who are willing to share their talents & inspiration with others, so I love to share creative ideas as well. Whether I get them from magazines, other moms, or off the top of my head. I love coming up with new, cute, crafty, & most importantly in-expensive ideas to brighten your home. From decorations, to scrapbooks, to things for our kids, One Crafty Mommy is the place for you.
Here are a few of my favorite projects:
Yummy Recipes and so much more, including digital scrapbooking freebies! Each week I host two blog parties: Fashionable Fridays and Super Crafty Saturdays. And look forward to the coming weeks as we get ready for spring! So come on over and sit, relax, stay awhile, and get crafty! Today I want to show you my daughter's Easter bucket I made. I know it is after Easter but you can probably get these buckets for half off now (a.k.a. 50 cents!) and make one for summer!
Buy an ordinary bucket (I got mine from Michaels for 1 dollar)
Undo the handle.
Remove the shovel for your child to use seperately.
Print out an egg from the computer and trace onto scrapbook paper
Cut out eggs (I made two so the bucket would be double-sided.
Apply layer of modge-podge to back of paper
Line up and press down where desired.
Smooth out air bubbles.
Trace letter and cut out. Since my letter was a light pink and blended with the background I outlined it in black sharpie to make it pop!
Apply letter in same fashion as egg. Now You can leave bucket like this but I thought it was too plain so I decided to add a border.
I hand drew some small eggs and cut them out of two coordinating papers.
I applied each one in a sporadic fashion and finished the whole thing off with a top layer of modge-podge.
And she loves it! Here she is on Easter morning finding the "hidden" eggs (bed head and all).
And again in the afternoon at Great-Grandpa and Grandma's house.
So there you have it! A 1 dollar bucket that can be turned into an adorable personalized easter basket or something fun for the up-coming summer all for under 2 dollars! When you get a chance head on over to One Crafty Mommy to see this and more crafts! Thanks again Jax for having me today!   Related Posts with Thumbnails

4 want.love.need.comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

This is adorable Shannon and that last picture of your daughter is pricless!

Angie Holden said...

Love that bucket!! Visiting from new friend friday!!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Adorable picture of your daughter! It is so funny, I have the exact same paper you have for that egg on her bucket in my paper stash right now, I wish I would have saw this before Easter! It turned out great!

Unknown said...

Cute lil' bucket!

Post a Comment