Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Craft Extravaganza!

Well we didn't get nearly enough projects done but we did make some super snazzy shirts for our boys! Denise also made some super sweet onsies for her niece! 
Check out her blog {Wallflower Grown Wild} to see her pics!
(And you really should because hers are way better than mine!)

Now onto my shirts: I was SOOO excited to try making bleach/freezer paper stencil shirts when I saw a tutorial on {I Am Momma Here Me Roar} and I think it's safe to estimate this is rapidly becoming my new addiction! So fun and easy to make I have already purchased a bunch more shirts and have ideas brewing away in my head!

Since I don't yet know how to sew...yes I know I need to learn! (That was one of the Extravaganza projects that got zero attention due to the juggling of a 2yr old, 5 month old and 2 month old!) Denise sewed on my appliques once they were ironed on. Thanks Denise!! I have a few more ideas and some great fabric that never made it to the table so hopefully I'll learn how to sew soon and whip up a few more! The stencil we used for the applique tie was from {Crap I've Made} but I also have this Guitar stencil bookmarked from {Trey and Lucy} and some awesome skull fabric waiting to be cut!

All in all it was a fabulous couple of days hanging with a great friend making some super cute stuff for our babes! Here are pictures of my stuff for the Ash Man! (Silly nickname lovingly given by his Aunt Tenille!)



*Don't forget to leave me some comment love and follow me for updates on future projects!*
***And don't forget to enter my headband giveaway on {Cute as a Fox Creations}!***
Related Posts with Thumbnails

10 want.love.need.comments:

Ashley said...

Those turned out way too cute! I've been curious about the bleach tees too. Maybe I'll have to try it now.

Jax Avery said...

Just an FYI the bleach bleeds a lot so do really thin lines!! And you'll want let them sit for the 12 hours in the garage; the fumes are brutal! (But totally worth it!)

Denise said...

My photos way better? Pshaw! I love how the blue Asher shirt turned out. We'll definitely have to get together for more crafting soon! I want to make more shirts for Brady and Ian in sizes they can wear (since everything I made was too big). I also want to play with Citra Solv transfers! But I've gotta finish sewing the bandana bibs first- they've taken over the dining table...

Jax Avery said...

Denise, Yes you do need to finish the bandana bibs so I can feature you/them on my blog! (And yes your shirts and pictures are better! I was rushed with the pictures so just threw them on the bed! whatever!)

Joe and Melissa Vega said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Those are adorable! I want to make them for my little man. I vowed when I became a mom that I would become crafty. Well I haven't yet but you are inspiring me. Everything on here is sooo cute and fun! I can't wait to see what is next! If I get brave enough to try anything I will let you know:)

Jessica Sievers said...

HOLY MOLY!!! These are cute!! Thanks for linking them up for my "Show Us What You're Workin' With Wednesday" party ... I am featuring these, feel free to grab my button :)

Karrens said...

How did you do the "Spit Happens" on the shirt? So cute!!

Jax @ Aly&Ash said...

Hi Karrens, I made a stencil from freezer paper and used fabric paint (to be more specific, Acrylic Paint mixed with Textile Medium) You can print your font directly to the non shiny side of the freezer paper using an INK JET printer. You can view a tutorial on Freezer Paper Stenciling here:
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/08/tutorial-freezer-paper-stencil-makenna.html

Pearl Girl said...

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know I copied your bleached t's idea, AWESOME!! I linked it to your blog, if you want to see my you can see it attempt here
http://beckyscraftcloset.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-school-bag-and-beached-ts.html
--Becky

Kracked Kat said...

I love these! My kids have a baby shower for one of the teachers in their after school group. I am making AT LEAST one of the tie onsies for her! Thank you so much for your post! You can check me out at www.thekrackedkat.blogspot.com.

Shannon

Post a Comment