Friday, April 30, 2010

Field Trip Friday with The Country Chic Cottage

 Time for another Field Trip! I'm headed out to the country today to post over at {The Country Chic Cottage}, come check it out! We're doing an amazing Diaper Box Transformation! And here in the city Angie has put together an adorable project to spruce up your home! But before she gets started don't forget tomorrow is the Crafty Crafty Ladies Night Link Party for Mod Podge Projects! The party will be open all day & I can't wait to see your awesome projects! Feel free to link up multiple posts if you have lots to show off! And now...Take it away Angie!

So glad to be here on Aly&Ash for Field Trip Friday!  Y'all come on over and check out The Country Chic Cottage.  Kick back, relax, and stay awhile.  You can find...
Plus lots more!!  Oh did I mention pillows?
Yep I love pillows too...and I have another one for you today!
Now isn't that cute??  And guess what...1 yard of fabric and some paint gets you one for your very own!
My Wally world had that brown fabric.  It is gorgeous and CHEAP!  (See that 75 cent price tag??)  So I bought 1/2 a yard and cut it in 1/2...perfect pillow size...  Then I cut a bird sillouette out of freezer paper...do y'all know about freezer paper stencils??  The directions are right on the box.  When you iron freezer paper to fabric -- it sticks -- then when you are done it peels right off!! 
Paint that birdie blue.  I used a textile medium to mix in with my paint but that is not required. 
Yes my stencil brush is a cut off piece of sponge...it works I am telling ya...  After I peeled off my stencil -- I touched up the edges with my brush....perfectionist in me showing through...  Let your painting dry.  Sew around your pillow with right sides together leaving 3-4 inches open.  Turn right side out and stuff til you love it!
And I love it!! 
Y'all stop by the cottage anytime...take your shoes off and stay awhile...
Thanks again Jax for letting me take over your blog today -- I enjoyed it!!
~Angie~
Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 want.love.need.comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

I love it Angie! The brown and blue is so pretty. And good score on the fabric! I'm just learning to sew so this looks like a good easy project for me! Thanks for coming on a field trip!

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday. I am your newest follower. Love it. Great job!

Post a Comment