Saturday, May 15, 2010

See It Again Saturday: Mod Podge Tin Purse

If you missed yesterday's field trip with Mod Podge Rocks, here is what we did:

 
Mod Podge Tin Purse

So a while back I had made a {Mod Podge Star Tin} for my niece Aly to store her bows in...well forget the bows, she was in love with the tin and carries it everywhere. It hardly fits in her backpack yet it often travels with her to school! That gave me the idea to make her something similar...and MUCH smaller! I have these CD tins for my photography business {DoChara Photography} and thought..."Hey! I wonder if I could turn one into a purse for her!" Here is what I did:
Step One:
To keep the tin together but still open all the way I used Mod Podge to attach a wide ribbon to the back side of the tin. 

Step Two:
While closed, wrap the ribbon around at secure to the front. I was impatient so I sped up the drying phase with a blow dryer on the cool setting, rubbing out the bubbles as it dried. Trim off the excess ribbon.

Step Three:
Trace, cut out and Mod Podge some scrapbook paper to the front and back of the tin covering the ribbon. I used Sparkle Mod Podge on the top coat to make it extra girlie!

Step Four:
Once the outside is completely dry. Open and lay flat. Cut the desired length of ribbon for the strap and use hot glue to secure to the inside. When attaching, glue your ribbon right side down so it will lay right side up when worn.

Step Five:
Trace, Cut and Mod Podge coordinating paper to the inside covering your ribbon.

Step Six:
Embellish the front and you're done!

Aly was so excited about her new purse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

4 want.love.need.comments:

Denise said...

Aly is such a cutie!

Anji* said...

This is such a cute idea, I got to get me some of this mod podge stuff!

Julie said...

Hello, it’s Julie from It’s Sew Stinkin’ Cute and recently found you I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please view my site to view the details of the award and pass it along to your newest finds and favorite blogs. Congrats!!!

BTW this is an adorbale idea!

Elder Esplin said...

SO CUTE! Hey, just stopping by to let you know you have an award waiting for you at my blog. Make sure you stop by and snatch it up! Love your BLog!

JEnnie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Post a Comment