Friday, December 10, 2010

The Incredible Christmas Cookie Party - Blog Style!


First of all, welcome to:





We are so excited to put this together and hope you guys will link up your favorite cookie recipes and take a button for your blog to spread the word!

To start things off I'm going to share my Nana's famous Whipped Shortbread cookies with you! These delicious melt in your mouth cookies are a Christmas tradition in my family. My Nana has since passed but my mom makes a HUGE batch, or shall I say several HUGE batches and makes sure everyone in the family is well stocked for the holidays! This was my first year making them myself and I am kicking myself for not doing it earlier because they are sooo easy! I packaged them in green containers I found at the 99cent store and gave them as part of my "neighbor" gifts this year.


Recipe:
 Whipped Shortbread

1 lb Soft Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
3 Cups Flour
Candied Cherries for Garnish
-Makes approx 60 cookies- 

****************************************************************************

Beat butter and vanilla then gradually beat icing sugar, corn starch and then flour a little at a time. Beat till the consistency of over whipped whip cream.
-
Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
*Tip, line cookie sheet with parchment paper to keep bottoms from browning!
 -
 Garnish each cookie with half a candied cherry.
-
Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10-15minutes.
*Every oven is slightly different so keep an eye on them after 10min so they don't over cook.





Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 want.love.need.comments:

The Pullins said...

These are absolutely melt in your mouth yummy!!!! I loved them! Too bad the family didn't get to try some....oh well, guess I have an excuse to make them. Thanks Jax!

Mom C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment