Sunday, December 5, 2010

Super Easy Cheesy Potato Soup & Possibly The Coolest Video Ever!


Recipe:
Super Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

So last Thursday was our Relief Society Christmas Dinner and who is our wonderful enrichment leader...yup, that would be me! In this case that meant baking 15 lbs of potatoes, 2 dozen of my Nana's Whipped Shortbread Cookies (recipe to come later), and 2 dozen rolls. Oh and I threw in 3 dozen peanut butter cookies for our freezer since well...the oven was on and the rolls hadn't risen enough yet. I will admit Asher was very much neglected that day as it was also a travel day for Daddy, to him this meant several episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba so I don't think he minded too much. Anyway my rock star of a committee member Ashley from Cute as a Fox had also made rolls and potatoes and when we were discussing what we should do with the leftovers she suggested Baked Potato Soup. I had never made it before so she forward me a recipe. Well we all know I can rarely stick to a recipe so I read about 3 or 4 different recipes and decided to combine what sounded good and make my own. Here is what I came up with and it was DELICIOUS!!! The hubs and I both went back for thirds...and so here I sit glutted and happy writing out this recipe before I forget!

*All measurements are approximate...did I mention I rarely measure either...oops!* 
 
6-8 Potatoes Baked, Skinned & Chopped
1 Can Chicken Broth
1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Green Onions Chopped
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt and Pepper to Taste


1. In a large bowl whisk together Cheddar Cheese Soup, Milk and Sour Cream. Set aside. 
-
2. In a large sauce pan heat butter until melted on medium heat.

3. Add green onion and simmer for 2-3 minutes until butter starts to brown.

4. Pour in Chicken Broth and bring to boil.

5. Add potatoes and let cook for a few minutes.

6. Reduce heat, add soup mixture, salt & pepper and mix well.

Optional:
At this point I used a potato masher to  break up a few of the chunks & create a variety of texture.

Cook on med/low heat till heated through.


 Bon Appetit!

Now normally this is the point I would try to take and upload an amazing shallow depth of field picture of the soup in a funky bowl with a little roll and a few strategically placed crumbs...but that's not happening. We're in the middle of moving and the fact I even made soup in the first place is a miracle! But I do have possibly the coolest/cutest video ever for you! We had just finished taking a load over to the new house and Asher was in a particularity adventurous mood so the hubs followed him around and put together this little video! (Make sure your speakers are on!) Watching him learn to walk is so entertaining! Asher loves all the room to roam in the new house, I can't wait to be all settled in over there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 want.love.need.comments:

PerfectlyHappy said...

that is a cool video!!

Heather said...

thanks for sharing the recipe! I have been craving cheesy potato soup. the fact that's easy, makes it even better!

Sassy Sites! said...

I'm the RS enrichment leader in my ward too! I just got called to it, so I'm going to be calling you for some ideas! ;)

Post a Comment