Friday, January 7, 2011

Field Trip Friday with Joy Is At Home

Hi Aly&Ash readers!! I'm Suzy and I am so excited to be visiting here today! I've been "blog stalking" Aly&Ash since long before I started my blog and I could go on and on about how big of a fan I am! I even made my own version of her tea towel cake for a friends grocery shower last year. It was a huge hit! Thanks for the idea, Jax! :)

I have a blog called Joy Is At Home, which is full of tutorials on decorating, organizing, gift making and giving all of my cheap-o garage sale finds a makeover! I have a brand new house that I am making a home and a wedding to be planned within in the next 5 months so there is always something going on and a new craft to be shared! I hope you stop by sometime and say hello! Here is a quick sample of what you will find over at Joy Is At Home.
 One of my favorite projects are these Coasters made from Terra Cotta Pot Holders. They are SO easy and make great gifts!
.
This dishwasher magnet was made out of an old CD.... super easy and free!
{good thing, since my little 4 lb dog chewed it up almost immediately!}
Another fav is this Cabinet Door Photo Frame. I found the cabinet door at the Restore for $1 and made it into this piece of art!
{can you tell I'm on a budget?!}
And this Christmas I made this wreath from a couple sticks of berries from Michaels. My whole house was decorated in silver and blue!
Photobucket
I love to make headbands and accessories! This headband was super easy and you can find a tutorial here. Now I just need a cute baby to model all of my headbands for me!
{Cause everything's cuter on a baby, right?}

 
 This chalkboard menu hanging from my pantry used to be an ugly old picture frame. Click HERE for the easiest tutorial in the world.
 Photobucket
And last are These SUPER EASY poppy headbands made from felt.....and only cost about 25 cents to make! I have a far too detailed tutorial posted if you'd like to make your own! :)
Thank you SO much Jax for having me!
joy is at home button
Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 want.love.need.comments:

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Love that menu chalkboard and that berry wreath!

Sassy Sites! said...

YAY!! I love Suzy from Joy is At Home! :)

Post a Comment