Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ok Ladies...I Need You're Help!

Ash and I are headed to my parents in Canada for an entire month leaving the hubs to fend for himself! 

The main problem...

HE CAN'T COOK...ANYTHING


So I need some help with meals I can cook ahead of time, portion out and freeze. If he can pull it out of the freezer, defrost and warm it in the microwave there is a chance I wont come home to this...


I have Chili and Beef Stew on the list...and that's where it ends! 

So if you know a great freeze now-heat
later meal PRETTY PLEASE leave a
comment & help me out...
I leave Thursday!

Thank You!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

15 want.love.need.comments:

Amanda Bynum Photography said...

easy peasy meals for men= bertoli pasta w/ bagged ceasar salad. Lasagne is another great one you could cook now & heat later. You could also make pulled pork in a crockpot & he could heat it later (or you could show him how to just add BBQ & viola! Mac salad w/ Tuna, Miracle whip, celery, onions, cheese lasts a week. . . good luck!

Tabitha said...

I love PW's Chicken Spaghetti... just portion it out and freeze! I typically do a bread loaf sized pan for 2-3 servings. And it's filling, so men are happy with it!

Skaggs Family said...

Maybe some enchiladas or taco meat. I like to make shredded chicken in the crock pot (lots of it!) and freeze it for soft tacos later!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Homemade pizzas, lasagna, homemade burritos, casseroles... google it maybe?

Unknown said...

Do you have a crock pot? You can always bunch the ingredients up and he can toss them in the pot in the morning and itll be done when he gets home from work! I have tons of really easy crock recipes if you want.

Sarah said...

I have the perfect post for you! Her stuff is always awesome!

http://joelens.blogspot.com/2010/05/freezer-meals-menu.html

Nichelle said...

the above mentioned are awesome ideas and what i thought of too. and how about this: buying some tv dinners for in between the meals you made, it makes it less work for you and he still eats-there are some pretty nummy ones out there. win/win situation. good luck! btw...are you coming to Victoria? It would be nice to see you again. I've met you a couple times before but would love to see you again. :)

Staci J said...

When I cook lately, I double the recipe and stick one of them in a freezer ziploc or a tin casserole pan to save for later. Some of my fams favs are: chicken enchiladas, baked mac n chez, lasagna, chicken broccoli casserole, spaghetti with italian sausage, chicken tortilla soup, (btw, if any of these sound good to you email me and I can get you the recipes)
Good Luck!!

kim west said...

gave you an award at my blog

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Aurora said...

Homemade spaghetti sauce freezes really well. Hopefully he can boil noodles :) My husband barely can.
Are you Costco members? Grab a bunch of frozen stuff from there and he should be good to go for part of your time away, AND it's less work for you!
Also try to google a recipe for brocoli cheddar soup-that one freezes really well. Another good one is pulled pork/chicken/beef sammies. If you have a crockpot, put a bunch of chicken breasts, a pork or beef roast in the crockpot and sprinkle with lots of garlic powder and cook on low for 6 hours or so or until the meat is fork tender. When it's tender, shred it all up and add a bunch of BBQ sauce to it. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes. Normally I would say eat it for dinner after those 30 minutes, but instead you can let it cool and freeze that one too. Then all the hubby has to do is slap the defrosted meat on a bun and WHAMMY-dinner!!
There are also a few really good recipes on my blog (aurorascreations.blogspot.com)that are totally freezable.

Amber Bockman said...

have you ever heard of Voila meals, they're not homemade but they're pretty good, I do those or frozen pizza for my hubby on Thursdays, he's in the same boat as your husband, even though he pretends he knows what's going on. Biscuits and gravy is an option, you can get frozen biscuits that he heats when he needs and then just make the gravy ahead of time.

Katie P said...

Try my bolognese sauce!!

Bolognese Sauce

I always make this and freeze it because it makes so much, and it reheats SO WELL. In fact I usually bring it frozen to work with some cooked noodles and heat there in the microwave to make an awesome lunch! If your hubby can boil noodles and reheat sauce, this is perfect! Also, the recipe starts with a ton of veggies, so he'll get some actual nutrients too :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I say let him starve !!!! I couldn't help myself ha! I know us bloggers are suppose to be sweet! OK.... I'm a crock pot gal, throw a bunch of meat and veggies in the crock pot and then freeze it in bags. Have a great time!

Carol

syocom said...

taco soup, hamburgers, pizza (one of my favorite) Rice bowls with teriyaki chicken and vegetables.

Jenn Seratt said...

I love breakfast for supper, so I would go with hashbrown casserole or bacon and spinach quiche. Shepard's pie is is better reheated, I think.

Post a Comment